(This makes a lot as you can see; I wanted to use up an entire 750 mL can of pumpkin, so I tripled the recipe. I'm assuming you don't want to make this much, so here's the original recipe that produces 1 loaf or 1 tray (ish) of muffins)
Ingredients:
Butter 1/3 cup
Sugar 1 1/3 cups
Eggs 2
Canned Pumpkin 1 cup (250 mL)
Water 1 cup (I didn't put this in cause I don't see the point)
Orange (ground) 1
Flour 2 cups
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 3/4 tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Cloves 1/2 tsp (I actually used Nutmeg instead)
Chopped nuts 1/2 cups
Raisins or Chopped Dates 1/2 cups (optional, I didn't add any)

Cream
butter and sugar together well. Add eggs. Bat lightly. Add pumpkin and water. Stir. Cut and remove seeds from orange. Put in blender or grinder and grind
complete orange including peel. Stir into batter. Combine next eight
ingredients in bowl mixing well. Stir into batter. Spoon into greased loaf pan
(9x5x3 inch) or muffin tin. Bake in oven at 350°F for 1 hour for loaf or 20-25 mins for muffins. Test with toothpick. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool and Wrap.
Recipe from one of my mom's cookbooks.
Recipe from one of my mom's cookbooks.


No comments:
Post a Comment